Sunday, July 22, 2012

Gettin' Bootylicious

A few days ago, while I was in mid squat at the Smith Machine, a sweet angel of a woman curiously asked "were you born with that butt or what?" I had to look around at first, are you talking to me? Now my booty, I'm pretty sure is not an award winning one, so this was a little bit of a shock to me. On my quest for a lifted, round and tight booty, I have changed my workout splits and am definitely putting my glutes through some grueling workouts. So I thought, OK, my changes may be working!  I gave my new friend a quick rundown of some exercises to get her started and promised her that I would post my glutes workout and diet.  I work my legs and glutes twice a week, giving them a few days of rest between. My protein intake is also probably much more than the norm....but, that builds muscles, which burns fat....so think about adding lean protein to every meal. I will share my daily diet soon.  So here is one workout that I use often...now get out there and build those butts.

exercise                            sets                     reps

cable squats                     4                          15
smith machine squats     4                          15
smith machine lunges     4                          12
stiff leg dead lifts             4                          15
good mornings                4                          15
hip thrusts                       4                          20  feet on exercise ball knees bent at 90 degrees
single leg thrusts             4                          12




~If you have questions on how to perform an exercise google it or go to bodybuilding.com to view examples.


~Also, start with light weight and increase slowly to avoid injuries.





No comments:

Post a Comment