Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Daily Eats




Here is an example of a typical day of food that I shove with great passion into the feeding hole. Now, I'm not an expert, but through trial and error I have realized that this plan works for me. I feel incredible when I eat clean and eat often. My family will, without hesitation, describe the crime scene in great detail that results due to a missed meal.....I shall stop there, you get the point....I'm hungry, angry and mean..all because of a major crash, they tend to take it personally, I try to tell them, but whatever...just feed me, and feed me something clean. They still waiver at times and offer me something like a snickers bar...ok, what, really?! Have you lost your mind?! Where did you get that anyway?!

So my basic rules I follow: 
*Eat every 2-3 hours
*Eat lean protein with every meal
*Eat 5-6 times daily
*Drink at least 1 gallon of water daily
*1 piece of dark chocolate...to keep my sweet tooth at bay!
*Drink 2-4 cups of green tea throughout the day


meal 1

oatmeal/egg whites/flax seed/cinnamon pancake 
1/2 c fresh berries
sugar free syrup
green tea

meal 2

oatmeal with 1 scoop of protein powder

meal 3

4oz fish or ground turkey breast
1/3 c brown rice
6  asparagus stalks
1 cup lettuce w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar


meal 4

myofusion protein shake blended with ice

meal 5

4oz fish or chicken
1 cup okra or 6 stalks asparagus
1 cup salad w/olive oil and balsamic vinegar
glass of red wine 

meal 6

protein shake blended with ice
1/4 cup raw almonds


I prepare meals the night before or first thing in the morning, (with the exception of meal 5) this ensures that I have my meal ready when I need it. I usually have a little cooler with my next meal with me at all times. (especially right after my morning workout) I usually grill fish or chicken for my meal 5 and my husband and kids feast on that with me.  

This takes planning and prep time. It's not as difficult as it seems, it's a matter of working it into your busy schedule....it can be done! But like I said before it works for me, it has become a priority for me. I find an hour either in the early morning to prep my meals or in the evening while working on homework with my guys. 







No comments:

Post a Comment