Monday, May 27, 2013

Help! I need a BUTT LIFT workout!



THE BUTT LIFT

So, summer. Swimsuits and short shorts. Gravity really has a wicked way of finding those of us who are over 40. I found a nice booty lifting workout one day while wasting time on pintrest, I decided to try it and then, I had to tweak it. So here it is. I've been doing this 2-3 times a week for a few weeks and appreciate the soreness I feel for a few days later. Soreness=progress;). I've been butt focused for over 2 years after I realized that I became so lean during fitness comp training that I started to look like a 13 year old BOY and wanted some healthy womanly curves. So I have added  this program to my already extensive glute/legs training. 

Do this 2-3 times per week!
Add this to your regular cardio and resistance training workout.



BUTT LIFT 

30 Butt Kickers
10 Squats
15 Plie' Squats
(I use a 30lb dumbbell or kettle bell, really focus on squeezing the glutes at the top of the motion!)
20 Donkey Kicks (ea. leg)
10 Fire Hydrants (dirty dogs ea. leg)
10 Squats
15 jump squats
20 Bridges
(focus on really really squeezing at the top)
10 single leg bridges (5 ea. leg)
20 walking lunges ( add barbell if available)
10 squats
10 plie' squats (with dumbbell if available)
10 fire hydrants (ea. leg)
20 donkey kicks (ea. leg)
30 butt kickers

repeat one more time~with minimal rest between exercises to intensify fat burn!

***great form is really important to avoid injuries. A great website to view demonstrations of many exercises is bodybuilding.com.***

No comments:

Post a Comment