Saturday, February 16, 2013

Time to detox

My All-Time Favorite Water Detox




I have been doing water detoxing for a long time and I'm pretty sure I've tried all of them out there floating around;). This one is my all time favorite, I always go back to it, simply because #1 it tastes good and #2 it actually works for me. After one day of this I feel super duper! It really helps with digestion and the bloating issues I continue to have!  This detox is not a fasting detox, therefore, eat your regular clean meals (I eat 5-6 smaller meals protein focused and low carb), just add this water in place of all other beverages. I will drink almost a gallon and a half daily of this. Sounds like a lot, but if you carry a shaker cup around full of it everywhere you go it's pretty easy to get a gallon in! This is safe to do daily, and I try to always have some ready!

Here's how to do it:

2 L of water
Add 10-15 mint leaves, half of a cucumber and a whole lemon and approx. 2 knuckles of peeled and sliced ginger. 
Let steep in fridge overnight. 
I refill my pitcher one more time before replacing mint, cucumber and lemon.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment