Sunday, March 18, 2012

Clean and Good~My Favorite Breakfast!

Power Pancake

Those of you who know me personally, know that I eat approximately 6 times a day. It's a must for me.  When I trained to compete, my amazing trainer created a nutrition plan and of course a workout plan for me to follow. It was at that time in my life that I realized how AWESOME I felt eating every 2-3 hours AND to my surprise, lost body fat while gaining muscle. For many years I would go without fueling my body and would experience the horrible 'crash'. I become quiet, tired, irritable and shaky. Then I shove the first thing I can get my trembling hands on right into my feeding hole!  I have been asked to post my morning meal, so there it is below. My schedule is fast paced in the morning with my boys, so I fit my breakfast in somehow and I know you can too! Plan it out my friends.

I start my day at 4:30 am with a quick 30-40 min. cardio session. Yes, it's true. I try and talk myself out of this morning ritual almost everyday.....but I feel so invigorated and awake by the time my 40 mins. is up. It also helps that I secretly have the hots for a cute little bald guy I've been watching every morning while he pumps iron;). After my cardio I'm usually starving, so that's when the magic happens. It's a simple, clean and oh-so good breakfast. It's so good that I have it 95% of the time. 


Power Pancake

Ingredients
1/2 cup oats
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
a couple of dashes of cinnamon
a splash of vanilla 
1 Tbs. ground flax seed
a dab of coconut oil (1-2 tsp)

**Mix together the egg whites/egg with the oats, cinnamon and vanilla. 
In a small pan melt the dab of coconut oil over medium heat.
Pour egg/oat mixture into pan and cook on medium heat for approx. 3-4 minutes. Flip pancake when firm and cook another 1-2 minutes.
Top with spray butter, flax seed, fresh berries and sugar free syrup!**
(you can also put oats/eggs/cinnamon and vanilla in a blender before cooking if you prefer a smoother consistency.)






No comments:

Post a Comment