Saturday, September 1, 2012

Changing Up Breakfast!






I've been eating eggs for breakfast for years now....every single day.....honestly, I'm getting a little tired of them! So I've decided to change my breakfast routine up a little. Instead of forcing eggs down everyday of the week, I'm replacing them (2 times/weekly) with this awesome Immunity Boosting Muesli recipe I found in Oxygen. Each serving has 242 calories and 16g protein.  Give it a try and let me know what you think, change or add!

Immunity Boosting Muesli
found in Oxygen

*ready in 5 mins. (not including chill time)
*makes 2 servings

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp crushed almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh berries
1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup (i prefer to use sugar free syrup)

**stir oats into yogurt, mix in flaxseed, almonds and cinnamon.
**gently fold in berries and stir in syrup.
**refrigerate overnight








No comments:

Post a Comment