Sunday, June 16, 2013

BLT Lettuce Wraps~yes please!

image via cepolina.com


And That's a Wrap!

It's  that time again......carb cutting! I love BLT's, but don't want the yummy super delicious toasted  perfectly totally white bread...HAHAHA.....I totally WANT it,  but  refrain...for the  sake of my belly and thighs:)....summer is approaching quick and that means....my husband, kids, friends and I will be poolside....time to get serious about carb cutting. So below is a recipe you must try. I discovered this delish dish on skinnytaste.com.  I made it today for lunch and am so IN LOVE with it!  I'm even making this tonight for my 3 lil  men....who will totally  look at me weird and ask  for the bread....an interesting evening is about to unfold. 

You must GATHER:

3 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
3 slices turkey bacon (or center cut bacon) cooked and chopped
1 tbls. lite  mayo (i used Helmans Light)
1small tomato diced
1/4 sliced avocado
pepper to taste

Now DO IT:

Take 2 of  the lettuce leaves and put aside.
Chop the 3rd lettuce leaf up and divide equally and place inside each of the 'whole lettuce leaves'.
In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, mayo and pepper.
Divide tomato  mixture evenly between your wraps, sprinkle chopped bacon on top and add avocado.
Wrap and eat!


1 comment:

  1. That's so funny, I use that Liquid Aminos also! We really need to get together!
    This BLT lettuce wrap looks delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete