Sunday, June 16, 2013

Learn to Love Ginger!





What Ginger Can Do For YOU!


I've had somewhat of a love affair with Ginger Root for sometime now......I mean really, everyone needs a little bit of spice, right?;) This is an herb that has been around forever and has been used in a plethora of capacities. The more I learn about it, well, the more I love it. So I'll try and break this down for you pretty easy and quick....without my usual banter! 

GINGER

*Anti cancer
*Motion sickness and nausea remedy 
*Prevents gas and bloating
*Reduce pain and inflammation
*Cold and Flu prevention and treatment
*Migraine relief
*Prevention of diabetic nephropathy
*Anti inflammatory
*Boosts immune system
*Antibiotic
*Heart health

Ok, I have to banter......Ginger root comes in a few different forms, my preference is the raw root. The easiest way for me to get ginger into my diet and my families diet is to cook with it,  AND my absolute favorite way......well peel and cut it up and put it in my water. I have a detox water that I do daily and ginger is one of the beautiful components.  I usually have some ginger proudly sitting at the bottom of my shaker cup during my workout. After I down the water I usually chew on a bit of the water logged ginger. If you can handle the spice...try it!

Here is the link to the water detox that I mentioned. I drink one gallon of this everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment