Monday, December 3, 2012

Egg Drop Soup





Egg Drop Soup 'on the Fly'


I'll make this short, or I'll try;), but I'm a talker. My lil' husband had oral surgery and was suffering and unable to chew and pretty much unable to  swallow. Oh dear, I was out of the usual variety of boxed soups that I usually have, and this left me in, well, a  situation;). He loves  the egg drop soup at the quaint 'House of China', so I re-created it just for him. With just enough protein and soothing warmth it's become our sacred healing potion for our family when under the weather. Quick and oh so easy and yummy.


Ingredients
32 oz low sodium chicken stock 
white pepper
1 tbsp. cornstarch
Braggs Liquid Amino Acids or Low Sodium Soy Sauce (for taste)
fresh shitake mushrooms (a handful)
4 organic eggs
fresh chives (to taste)


Now Make it!
*Bring the chicken stock and white pepper ( a few shakes will do) to a boil, add mushrooms. Meanwhile, add 1/4 cup of the boiling stock and 1 tbsp. cornstarch in a separate bowl and whisk. Slowly pour mixture into boiling stock, add 2-3 tbsp. of Braggs Amino Acids or Soy Sauce. Let gently boil on medium heat  for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour and swirl gently and slowly with whisk into the stock. Add fresh chives and serve while hot. 

*this is best consumed the same day. Sometimes I will add an extra egg to benefit from the protein;)






No comments:

Post a Comment